Friday, March 14, 2014

January in a Post!

Was really a busy month. We recovered from Christmas... And the illness it brought with it. We found out Awesome's parents got their mission call to Houston Texas but most importantly they we're leaving in only 6 weeks: March 3rd. 

I knew it was coming. I should have been prepared for it. But a report date that soon really didn't give me too much time to really prepare myself that we/I was going to be alone here in our new town. Luckily, I've met some really great new people that are truly making the transition that much easier. 

On with the rest of the month. Most of it I spent keeping myself busy and trying not to spend money. So hard. But with Little Princess's birthday coming up I took to Pinterest to find some DIY decorations and stuff I could make myself to make her 1st bday special. First project I took on was a "Chalkboard" style Birthday board... But instead for writing it out with chalk and stencils like my amazing best friend did for her daughter's 1st bday, I decided to use my new Cricut (thanks Mom!) 
All in all I am pretty pleased,with how it all turned out. It was very time consuming but the Princess is worth it. Here are the rest of her crib decorations: 

Just so that I could get this birthday picture: ... Again so worth it!

Here are some party shots, including her owl cupcake cake (my other pride and joy):

Happy 1st Birthday Princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment